How To Check 2021/2022 Jamb Result Via SMS
The wait is over! JAMB has finally released the result of the just concluded 2021/2022 UTME exams after the wait or so.
The Joint Admission Matriculation Board has deemed it fit to release the results via their online platform and students
are now advised to check as soon as possible in order to continue their in their mission to gaining admission into tertiary institution in the next academic year.
It is obvious that you can check your UTME result via the board’s website but that’s not easiest and fastest way to go. You might be asking what’s the right way to check your jamb results?
Have you tried checking your results through text message? This is inarguably the fastest and best stress-free way to check your results. However, the question is how can you explore this awesome method?
This article will provide step-by-step guide on how to check your jamb result using the simple text message method.
How To Check Your 2021/2022 UTME Result Through SMS Method
First Send UTME RESULT to 55019
- Step 1: Ensure you are checking with the SIM card you used during registration. Using another unregistered number will be fruitless as it is not recognised by the examination body
- Step 2: Recharge your line or make sure it has sufficient airtime because this method is definitely not for free as you will be charged for the short message service. Specifically, 50 naira will be deducted from your mobile account.
- Step 3: Type “RESULT” and send to 55019. The mobile phone number is strictly for any JAMB related issues, such as result, appointment, and change of course.
Since your mission is to see your result, you should type result to the number and wait for reply from the examination board. Meanwhile, it is important to note that the “result” should be in capital letter.
- Step 4: Your result will be sent to you in less than 10 minutes. The Board will respond to your message by sending you a reply that contains your result.
- Go to JAMB result checking portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/eFacility/CheckUTMEResults.
- Enter your JAMB Registration Number in the required column.
- Click on ‘Check My Results’.
- The portal will load your result if it’s ready.
It will consist of your registered name; registration number will be included in the message while your score in each of the four subjects will also be revealed to you. Lastly, the overall score is also available in the text message that will be sent to you by the Board administrators.
Five Common Reasons Why You May Not Receive Your Result Via The SMS Method
1. You Used Unregistered SIM: In this case, instead of sending your result, JAMB will reply with “This phone number was not used for registration.”
2. Your Result Is Withheld: Due to unruly behaviour during the UTME exams, your result is probably withheld and won’t be released. Instead the response from JAMB will be “Result Withheld”
3. You Were Absent During Examination Days : Another reason why you may not receive your result from jamb via this text message method is because you couldn’t turn up for the examination
This means you are absent and your result will be completely unprocessed. The examination body will send you a message which contains “CANDIDATE ABSENT”
4. Unauthorised Access Into Examination: It is possible you entered straight into examination hall without the permission of the supervisors or presiding exam officers.
If that’s the case, your results will be seized by the board due to violation of rules and regulations.
5. Canceled Registration Number: Here is another reason why your result won’t be sent to you via text. In this case, you will receive a message telling you “Candidate Absent”
How To Check Your 2021/2022 UTME Result Via Online Portal
Should you decide to check your Utme 2020/2021 result through the online method, below is a quick rundown of the steps you should take.
- Visit JAMB result checking Portal through this link.
- Provide your registration number or email address in required boxes.
- Select or click on the “check my result” link to continue.
- Your result will be displayed on the screen. You are advised to print it out as it will be used in subsequent days and years.
You no longer need to wait for longer period of time or high quality internet service before checking your results, thanks to the easy method discussed above.
All you need is just 50 naira and your registered Sim. At this point, we wish you good luck as you proceed to check your result.
Welcome to zumi.ng ;
Felix I write for zumi.ng, I am a University graduate, and holds a degree in Mass communication from Abia state University.