Lagos State Government massive Recruitment is here
In this article, you will learn about Lagos State Government job description, application skills, requirements and qualifications.
Interested applicant should follow the lead outline below for successful application
Lagos State Government Recruitment 2021/2022
Lagos State, established in 1967, consists of a government who regulate the affairs of the state ministries.
Lagos State Government, through the Teaching Service Commission, TESCOM, has indulged on the process for the recruitment of qualified secondary school teachers into schools across the state.
The decision under the present administration of the State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, was a part of a strategy to boost the capacity of secondary education across the state to compete against the standards of the 21st century global education.
Successful candidates would be dispatched into the Lagos State Post Primary Teaching Service.
To have qualified standards of educational sector in tandem with the global educational sector.
The administration plans to focus and channel more funds into the educational sector to limit unemployment while chasing to compete with world class educational system.
Interested and qualified candidates are to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be indigenes of Nigeria either by birth or by a legal work permit issued by the Nigerian government in possession of valid means of identification.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age as at the time of submitting this application.
- Applicants must obtain the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency Number.
- Certificate of Birth issued by the National Population Commission or provision of age declaration issued and ascertained by the Nigerian court of law.
- Applicants must possess the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) Certificate.
- By virtue of marriage, qualified candidates are to prepare and present their documents and evidences of change of name.
- Must present recommendation letters from past employers or institutions of recent studies.
- Applicants must be knowledgeable with the use of basic computer applications like Microsoft offices and the internet services.
- Must have geographical mobility within and outside of Lagos.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy working environment.
Necessary documents and requirements also needed for successful application:
- First degree in Education (B.Ed/B.Sc Ed/B.A Ed) in Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Technology, Home Economics and other courses.
- First school leaving certificate (FSLC).
- Minimum of NCE, Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc), Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) and a Post Graduate Diploma in Education or a Technical Teachers Certificate (TTC).
- Candidates must possess a minimum of five credits in WASC, GCE or SSCE in English Language, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects obtained in not more than one sitting.
- Candidates must have completed the compulsory National Youth Service program in possession of the certificate or provision of an exemption letter where applicable.
Application process/how to apply
Candidates are to visit the official recruitment portal www.tescomjobs.lagosstate.gov.ng and click on the registration link. Create and verify your account and thereafter sign in to proceed with your application.
Fill the required information, locate the vacancy suitable to your qualifications and select the subject of your choice after which you click on the apply button and proceed to print the confirmation slip which will be a prerequisite for interview.
The Lagos State Government recruitment notifies candidates who met the application requirements after successfully registering on the portal through their respective registered email addresses and phone numbers.
Shortlisted candidates are advised to abstain from anybody who requests money for getting selected as the board will never ask or request for money from candidates in any stage of the recruitment process.
Successful candidates are to provide medical fitness certificate from a government or military hospital and as well be free of any charges of theft and bankruptcy.
Candidates are required to also provide recommendation letters from reputable past employers and institutions as these would be required during screening.
Salary Structure of the Lagos State Government Recruitment
In Lagos State, just like every other states, teachers like other professions are compensated at the end of every month.
Following figures on Consolidated Public Service Salary Structure (CONPSS)
The average salary of a Lagos teacher is #59,000 including other benefits and allowances.
Entry level staff in the service earns about #46,000
While a senior level staff earns about #81,000
Some of the benefits of a teacher includes:
Teaching profession is the noblest of all profession because they are responsible in breeding other highly lucrative professions, jobs and careers.
Teachers play an important and exceptional role in the formative years of a child, development and being well-behaved citizens of a nation.
Lagos State government recruitment is done online and as doing, the board will never request for money at any stages of this recruitment.
Applicants are advised to apply for only one position as multiple applications will lead to automatic disqualification.
Lagos State government recruitment is calling for qualified candidates to fit into the state’s educational sector as this recruitment is a free and straightforward application.
Following the instructions and considering your application to suit your qualifications will be a leading step to your teaching career in a government parastatal.
Welcome to zumi.ng ;
Felix I write for zumi.ng, I am a University graduate, and holds a degree in Mass communication from Abia state University.